Chaga in the wild doesn’t look like your typical mushroom. It has the appearance of burnt charcoal and grows on birch trees. But don’t let chaga’s outward appearance fool you as to the treasures hidden inside. As the case is with all mushrooms, chaga takes nutrients from its host (a birch tree, for example) and converts it to beneficial compounds. Chaga—all medicinal mushrooms really—are a miracle of nature in this regard.
Like Reishi and Lion’s Mane, chaga is often revered for its health benefits. With one of the highest ORAC values of any food (that’s the measure of antioxidant content), chaga has a few things going for it. Let’s look at a few:
- It has been shown to inhibit inflammation in animals. (Research)
- It may have anti-viral properties which could make it a defender in fighting off viruses.
It has been shown to reduce inflammation. (Research)
- It may improve physical performance. (Research)
- Research shows potential anti-infectious disease protection on top of the immune-boosting effects. (Research)
Chaga is a powerful tool in your arsenal. Add a serving to your smoothies, pre-workout shakes, tea and food recipes. You can also make your own capsules with this powder.
- POTENT ADAPTOGEN HERB: Favored as an adaptogenic herb used in modern society. Adaptogens are substances that promote bodily resistance to stressors and increase recovery time to life’s natural challenges. Adaptogens support the body to positively respond to depleted energy levels, hormonal imbalances, increased inflammation and similar stresses.
- BEST PROCESSING: Wild Chaga is Non-GMO, Grain-Free, Caffeine-Free, 100% Natural, Hand-Harvested, and Small-Batch. Wild Chaga Powder is a 10:1 concentration extract processed from chaga mushrooms found in the wild on hardwood trees. No Fillers.
- SMALL FARMERS: Our mushrooms are grown on small Chinese farms that have been growing mushrooms in the green mountainous countrysides for generations. Mushrooms are grown in greenhouses with controlled light, water and air conditions to ensure optimal mushroom growth.